What you will learn
- Organizational planning
- Practical leadership skills and tools
- Effective communication
- Relationship building
- Conflict and difference management
- Coaching, training, and supporting a team
- Managerial decision making
What to expect
- Lectures, presentations, discussions
- Practical examples
- Individual and group work
- Interactive exercises
- Team activities
- Case studies
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older, or a graduate of a secondary school.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work well in a structured environment
- Ability to work with confidence independently or on a team
- Ability to reflect on their own practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- High performance standards
- Initiator, self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable
Location: Hospitals in the Lower Mainland.
This program can be completed in one to three years.
|MSKL 1101||Interpersonal Communication Skills||2|
|MSKL 1102||Team Skills||2|
|MSKL 1103||Essential Management Skills||2|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The College reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.