What you will learn
- Leadership skills and understanding of roles
- Effective change management
- Problem-solving tools and facilitation skills
- Techniques for feedback, motivation, and delegation
- Advanced communication and negotiation styles
- Conflict resolution relating to key team concerns
- Essential steps in individual and team coaching
- Systematic approaches to different learning styles
What to expect
- Lectures, presentations, discussions
- Practical examples and assignments
- Individual and group work
- Interactive and collaborative activities
- Case studies
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner
- Ability to apply lessons learned in other courses and at work
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work with confidence independently or on a team
- Ability to reflect on their own practice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- High performance standards
This program can be completed in one to two years.
|LEAD 1102||Managing Change||.5|
|LEAD 1104||Problem Solving and Action Planning||.5|
|LEAD 1108||Facilitation Skills for Team Leaders||.5|
|LEAD 1111||Stepping Up to Leadership||.5|
|LEAD 1112||Using Leadership Language||.5|
|LEAD 1113||Building a Productive Team||.5|
|LEAD 1115||Coaching for High Performance||.5|
|LEAD 1116||Essential Leadership Coaching Skills||.5|
|LEAD 1117||Skill Coaching||.5|
|LEAD 1118||Taking Your Leadership Coaching to the Next Level||.5|
|LEAD 1120||The Coach's Toolkit||.5|
|LEAD 1121||Team Coaching||.5|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The College reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.