What you will learn
- Tenant application and screening processes
- B.C. landlord-tenant law and dispute-handling measures
- Record keeping, budgets, costing and inventory control
- Building maintenance, inspections, and basic appliance repair
- Fire safety and security protocols
- Scheduling and supervision of a multicultural staff
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures of washrooms, windows, and other specialty areas
- Types of soils, cleaning chemicals, germicides, and WHMIS regulations
What to expect
- Theory and practical problems
- Final exam
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be at least 18 years of age or secondary school graduates.
The Law and Tenant Relations and Building Service Management courses require a minimum English proficiency of Grade 10 level (English 059). Because these courses cover legal and supervisory topics, strong expression and comprehension skills are required to complete assignments and other written work.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Good knowledge of English
- Ability to speak and write clearly
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Hard working
|REAL 1101||Law and Tenant Relations||1.5|
|REAL 1102||Building Maintenance and Cost Control||2.5|
|REAL 1103||Building Cleaning||2.5|
|REAL 1110||Building Service Management||3|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The college reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
† British Columbia Labour Market Outlook: 2018 Edition